AG Distinguished Service in Policing Award Accepting Nominations
The Fourth Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing is now accepting nominations until 8:00 PM EDT, April 24, 2020.
The U.S. Department of Justice is accepting nominations for the Fourth Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing. This award recognizes individual state, local, or tribal sworn police officers, deputies and troopers for exceptional efforts for innovations in community policing, criminal investigations, and field operations. The Department is accepting nominations for the award until 8:00 PM EDT on Friday, April 24, 2020. The nomination process for this award is available at: www.justice.gov/ag/policing-award.
Nominations may be submitted by the nominee’s supervisors, professional peers, or members of the local community and may include references and URL links to news sources and promotional or other materials that describe or substantiate the activity, program, or initiative for which the nominee(s) is being recommended. Nominations must be submitted in the following format:
Nominations should be submitted through the web-based application form. The online application will direct the nominating individuals to complete the following fields:
- Name and rank of nominee(s) (must be rank-and-file officers, deputies or troopers in nonsupervisory positions), the lead agency name, and the size of population served by the agency
- Name and affiliation of the nominating individual
- Nomination category for the activities, programs, or initiatives for which the nominee(s) is being nominated (Criminal Investigations, Field Operations, or Innovations in Policing)
- A detailed description of the specific action(s), programs, or initiatives of the nominee(s) for which s/he is being nominated
- Agency point of contact information
Nominations must be submitted by 8:00 PM EDT on Friday, April 24, 2020.
In the event that agencies or other nominating parties are unable to access the online application, nomination letters may be sent via email. The nomination letter should be no longer than three pages and should include the fields listed here. Nominations submitted in letter format must be sent via email to [email protected] by 8:00 PM EDT, Friday, April 24, 2020.
Please direct all general inquiries to [email protected].